The Best Telescope Eyepieces
Celestron 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece
- Model # – 93230
- Focal length range – 8mm to 24 millimeters
- Optical design – 4 elements in 3 groups
- Angular field of view – 40 degrees (at 24mm) to 60 degrees (at 8mm)
- Eye relief – 15mm (at 8mm) to 18mm (at 24mm)
- Lens Coatings – Fully multi-coated
- Body diameter: 1.8″
- Mounting barrel diameter – 1.25″
- Overall length – 4.25″ (including eyecup)
- Weight – 7.9 ounces
- Eyecup: Rubber
- Accessories – Fitted plastic case, front and rear lens caps
- Best place to buy: Amazon
- My Rating: 4.8 out of 5
If you are proud owner of a telescope, but still have only one eyepiece for observation, it’s may be time to take another one.
I present to you Celestron 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece
This is not just eyepiece, it’s eyepiece with Variable focal length (zoom) lenses!
Extremely practical thing. Especially if your first eyepiece is 25 mm, then prepare to rediscover your telescope and the night sky as well.
With my 6 inch Celestron was definitely okay to observe in detail the Moon, but now I can observe in detail each of the craters. And this is a separate science! This is because of the incredible magnification which Celestron 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece provides.
How to calculate the magnification of your telescope? The formula is pretty simple. To calculate power, divide the focal length of the eyepiece into the focal length of the objective lens.
Here’s what shows up in my case:
Before: 1500/25 = 60x Now: 1500/8 = 187x
As you can see the power goes up over 100 times!
Look closely at the storms of Jupiter, clearly view the rings of Saturn, get closer to the Orion Nebula. You know the opportunity are endless just as the night sky. Stop wondering and order now. You know very well that you will not regret it!
Check the Best Price Here:
Celestron 1.25-Inch Premium Telescope Accessory Kit – 5pcs Plossl Eyepiece Set, 7pcs Filter Set, 2x Barlow Lens
- This fifteen-piece 1.25 inch astronomy accessory kit let you get the most out and enhances the performance of your telescope.
- 6mm/8mm/12.5mm/ 20mm/40mm Multi-Coated plossl eyepiece——for different power planetary and lunar observation broad-field lunar observations, star clusters, and a wide range of cloudy nebulas and deep-sky target, as well as daytime use in any telescope.
- 5 color planetary filters —— The five color filters (Red, Blue, Orange, Green＆Yellow) and a polarizing filter highlight features on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. They are an essential tool of the lunar and planetary observer, for filters permit the observation and photography of surface detail that is often virtually invisible w
ithout filtration. Moon filter —— helps to dim the bright light from the Moon, making it more comfortable to view so you can see more detail and surface features.
- 2X Multi-Coated Barlow lens —— A visual Barlow, doubles the magnification of any inserted 1.25 inch eyepiece, A prime focus T-adapter for attaching a DSLR camera. With the T2 threads (M42x0.75), you can attach a T-ring for astronomy photography. A tele-extender for increasing the focal length of the telescope when attaching a DSLR camera.
- An Accessory Case (Silver)——not only does it hold up all the accessories, but also with extra space for another two eyepieces, a laser pointer, a diagonal or other small accessories.
- Best Place to Buy: Amazon
- My Rating: 4.6 of 5
Definitely awesome kit! You should know that only the eyepieces cost much more if you get them separately. And here you have filter kit as well! And even more… All this in beautiful aluminium, foam-lined, carry case. Sounds like everything that an back-yard astronomer needs. Check the current price bellow.
Check the Best Price Here